Tax Exempt Orders
In order to place a tax exempt order you must follow these instructions BEFORE placing the order. If your shopping cart lists taxes during the check out process, then your account has not been set up to be tax exempt.
Each person wishing to place a tax exempt order (for a school, school district, or other tax exempt entity) must complete these instructions. Because accounts are tied to an individual's email address, there are no pre-made school or district accounts.
This process only needs to be completed once, as long as you are logging in to the same account. You do not need to complete this process every year.
- To order as a tax-exempt entity, please create an account with the UIL Online Store.
- If you already have an account, proceed to step #2.
- Send a copy of your tax exemption certificate to the UIL Business Office, referencing the email address you have used to create the account (Send to: email@example.com or fax: 512-232-6471).
- Afterwards, wait to receive an email confirmation from the UIL stating that your account has been configured for tax-exempt status. Do not place an order before receiving this conformation or else the order will include taxes.
***For customers creating a new account***
- The UIL does not have school district tax exemption certificates "on file". You must send us your exemption certificate.
- If you have not completed the instructions listed above for your account, then you must complete them before being able to place a tax exempt order.
- Every individual wishing to create a tax exempt account must completed the instructions listed above. Just because someone else from your school district/school has a tax exempt account does not mean your account is also tax exempt.
- The UIL Online Store is a new, completely different system than the paper order forms used in the past.
Standard shipping on all items, except for Athletic & Academic DVDs, is free and usually arrive whithin 7-14 business days.
Up to 9 DVDs may be shipped for a $5 charge. 10 or more will be charged $10.
The UIL Online Store does not offer international shipping. If you would like to have an item shipped outside the U.S.A., please conatact the UIL business office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 471-5883 to place an order and make shipping arrangements.